We enjoyed our vacation very much. I did not take too many pictures enroute until we got to a town we were interested in seeing, Kerrville, TX. Along the way, In New Mexico, we stopped at a rest area and I found a baby diamondback near the ladies restroom-I nearly didn't need to use the restroom after seeing him!! He was no doubt hunting the huge 4 inch grasshoppers that were covering the ground--gross!! I took pics with my cell phone and will attempt to post those another time. We were headed to Kerrville, a town we saw years ago from the Interstate but did not have time to visit. We stopped and spent a night in Kerrville and really liked this area. It's so green and I enjoyed the deer you see wandering around in yards.
We met up with our friends who live in Kyle Texas (south of Austin) and spent time with them. We had dinner with them several times and they visited Cabela's with us.We don't have a Cabela's near us, so it was a treat to play there. I also went on a play date with Sherry and her daughter. I'll post those pic later. We all took a trip out to Canyon Lake & Gruene and just drove around the area a lot.
Mike, Brandon and I went to a trourist trap called "Wonder World". I enjoyed it, though I was a little worried since it involved a cave-I am clausterphobic. However, I did it and didn't have too much trouble. I had more trouble on the hot elevator which takes you up to the tower to see the area. I just breathed deeply and prayed. On their tram ride we were able to see and feed the deer.
I'll be posting more pictures in the next few days. I have a hard time remembering the time line of events. I guess I should keep a journal next time. For me the highlight was all the green trees, the deer roaming aorund freely. I could have done without the grasshoppers and snake in New Mexico. I also could have done w/o the dead deer along the roadways and the dead armadillos too. Oh, and we ran over two snakes-they were suicidal snakes since they were trying to cross the interstate!!
Well, except for the snakes, it sounds like you had a great time. So glad you enjoyed yourselves. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn
You are ahead of me. You got home just the other day and already you have two vacation posts up. I have two up, but I have been home nearly a month!! Must get to work on the rest of it....
ReplyDelete