Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beverly Hills to Bullhead ?

My daughter has been in a tough work evironment for some time now. She stuck it out in hopes to get transfer to a store in WA. Yesterday, she had a major meeting with management regarding treatment from a supervisor. The outcome was in her favor . The supervisor is on 'notice' now and one wrong move and it could be the end for her. My DD also has the right at any point to walk out with full pay for this week. You can bet that I was in the parking lot during the meeting in "Momma bear & Cop mode" waiting, if I  needed to storm the store. I also hid in the parking lot later that day till the offending party left as my DD started her shift. . As expected this person wanted to corner my daughter in private and per my instructions my DD did not allow it. You can be assured I will be in the parking lot (if the offending party is nearby) till my DD's last day this saturday. . My DD is trying to do things properly, be honest, and stick it out maturely and with her head held high. She also did it for the remaining employees who also have their battles with this person to face in the near future. I am very impressed with her!! She was VERY brave to go through all this.

My title respresents where this person came from and where she is now. She has ties to the 'rich and famous' but decided to walk away from it all (or so she says) to live a quieter life. I think that she has forgotten what is like in the real world and that people are not "staff' to be push around. the other two employees are about to leave too. One already gave their two weeks notice 1 month earlier than planned, after an incident and the other is deciding her best move. Oh by the way, the first crew working under this person quit on the same day and this resulted in my DD and this current crew being hired quickly. Upper managment is watching this situation very close and I feel they will be handling it regardless that my DD is leaving. . I think it's just a matter of time. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out this week.

I am boycotting this store till I see fresh faces in there! LOL

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. Yes, you can be proud of her, indeed.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrible! I'm glad your daughter was able to handle it so well. I doubt I could have at her age.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I'm so sorry to hear that she had to even deal with this kind of trouble but how so very brave of her to stand up to her bully!! I would be so very proud of here to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad and hard. But your daughter is doing great with it. Way better than I would. ;)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this the same supervisor that took Emily's worn sandals back? She was very nice to me! I must have looked threatening. :) So sorry J has had trouble. She has stuck it out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristy, my kids have had similar working experiences. As moms, it's so hard to watch without trying to take over, isn't it? Would rather it happened to me than my kids, but this is how they learn.....like your new blog :)

    Barb
    www.barbarafrankonline.com

    ReplyDelete